Achieving Clear Skin: How Professional Spa Treatments and Homecare Products Can Help Combat Acne
Acne is a common skin condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterised by the appearance of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads on the face, chest, and back. Acne can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, hormonal changes, and an overproduction of sebum (oil) in the skin.
Fortunately, there are several ingredients that have been clinically shown to improve acne. These include:
- Salicylic acid: This beta-hydroxy acid helps to unclog pores and exfoliate dead skin cells, which can contribute to the formation of acne.
- Retinoids: These vitamin A derivatives help to speed up cell turnover, which can reduce the appearance of acne and prevent new breakouts from forming.
- Zinc: Topical zinc application has been shown to have several benefits for acne-prone skin. Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce redness and irritation associated with acne. It also helps to regulate sebum production, which can contribute to the formation of acne. Additionally, studies have shown that people with acne tend to have lower levels of zinc in their blood and skin compared to those without acne. Zinc is important for the proper functioning of the immune system, and low zinc levels can lead to a weakened immune response in the skin, making it more susceptible to acne-causing bacteria. Topical zinc application can help to replenish zinc levels in the skin and support a healthy immune response, leading to clearer, healthier-looking skin.
In addition to using products that contain these ingredients, there are several lifestyle considerations that can help to improve acne. These include:
- Eating a healthy diet: A diet that is high in processed foods and sugar can contribute to the formation of acne. Eating a diet that is rich in Essential Fatty Acids, fruits, vegetables, and lean protein can help to improve the health of your skin.
- Supplementation: Zinc, Vitamin A & Essential Fatty Acids.
- Managing stress: Stress can trigger the release of hormones that can contribute to the formation of acne. Practicing stress-management techniques such as meditation and yoga can help to reduce stress levels.
- Getting enough sleep: Lack of sleep can disrupt hormone levels, which can contribute to the formation of acne. Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night to support your skin health.
If you are struggling with acne and want to achieve clearer, healthier-looking skin, consider incorporating professional spa treatments and homecare products into your skincare routine.
The emerginC Clear Confidence Hydrojelly Facial is a luxurious and healing treatment that is specifically designed to combat acne and breakouts. This rejuvenating facial harnesses the power of potent, acne-fighting ingredients such as Zinc Oxide, Colloidal Sulfur, Camphor, Salicylic Acid, White Willow Bark, Balsam Peru, Aloe Vera, Arnica, and Sea Buckthorn Oil to provide your skin with vital nutrients and restore its natural balance.
To maintain the results of your professional spa treatment, we recommend the use of emerginC homecare products. The deglazing Cleanser, Toner, and Tinted Blemish Control are specifically formulated to help combat acne and oily skin.
- emerginC deglazing Cleanser with Balsam Peru, Aloe Vera, Arnica, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Sea Buckthorn Oil.
- emerginC deglazing Toner with Camphor, Eucalyptus, Citric Acid, Clove, Peppermint, Aloe Vera.
- emerginC Tinted Blemish Control with Zinc Oxide, Colloidal Sulfur, Camphor, Salicylic Acid.
- emerginC Multi-Vitamin + Retinol Serum with Vitamin A, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Vitamin B, Vitamin E, Vitamin F, Vitamin H (Biotin), Medicago Sativa (alfalfa) Extract, Licorice Root, Balm Mint, Green Tea, Sweet Almond Milk, Chamomile, Fennel, Hops, Yarrow, Allantoin, Panthenol.
- emerginC Complexion Control with Willow Bark Extract, Alpine Willow Bark Extract, Glycerin.
- Sunny Skin Super Sun SPF50 with Jojoba, Squalane, Tomato Fruit extract & more.
The Multi-Vitamin + Retinol Serum provides your skin with essential vitamins and nutrients, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The Complexion Control Moisturiser helps to manage sebum production and even out skin tone, while the Sunny Skin Super Sun SPF50 provides essential sun protection & topical application of Zinc.
By incorporating these professional spa treatments and homecare products into your skincare routine, you can achieve clearer, healthier-looking skin and feel more confident in your own skin.